Frequently Asked Questions...
1. I am in town for the weekend and I need a fill for my gels/acrylic nails, can you do the service for me?
We do offer gel enhancements, fills and repairs at Hand in Hand Nail Design. However we only do them for our existing clients. We cannot assume responsibility for the work/products of other salons or manicurists.
2. I am trying to book an appointment online and I don't see anything open on the schedule for the day I want to come in. Should I call and see if you can squeeze me in?
My clients normally book in advance to ensure that they will get the time and date that they want. If you care to add yourself to the wait list on the booking site I will know that you would like an appointment and will call you if something comes open unexpectedly.
3. I am going to be late for my appointment and it cannot be helped, should I let you know?
Please do text me, that way I can let you know whether or not I can still do your services depending on how my schedule is booked. In return, if I am running late I will text you to let you know so you can let me know if we need to reschedule your service for another time. Normally I am within 5-10 minutes of my scheduled time but if it's more I will try to let you know.
4. I have a broken nail and I am coming in for a regular service. Should I let you know in advance so that you can be prepared for the repair when I get there?
Yes!! Please let me know because repairs take extra time and I can plan on how we can fit the repair in to the normal service time or reschedule to allow for the repair at another time.
5. I get the GelColor Manicures and I am not able to get back in to the salon for several weeks. Now my polish is beginning to chip. Is it okay to peel the polish off?
Peeling off the polish can damage the natural nails. Please soak a cotton ball with 100% acetone, lay it on the nail, then wrap it up in a small square of foil. Leave on for 15 minutes, then gently scrape the polish from the nail with a birchwood stick... wash your hands afterward, and apply nail oil and lotion. Keeping them covered with a strengthener until you can come in will help as well..
6. I want to bring my small child with me to my appointment. Do you have a place where my child can play while I get services?
Our salon is very small, with private rooms that are designed to create a quiet and peaceful experience for our clients. We don't have a play area set up so it's best that you come in by yourself for services.